ReadMe is a literacy tool designed and produced by practising English Teachers!
Students who are reluctant readers do not always engage with lessons presented in the “chalk & talk” manner; ReadMe offers an alternative solution with 27 Literacy Lessons, combining advanced teaching techniques and modern technology to create fun interactive lessons from subjects across the Curriculum!
Australian Curriculum Aligned
Includes Printable BLM’s (Blackline Masters)
ReadMeTM is a literacy tool that can be effectively used by all teachers.
The idea for ReadMeTM evolved through years of experience, teaching English literacy classes in junior High School.
- The ReadMeTM programme provides the same stimulations and challenges students have grown to expect.
- Bringing together advanced teaching techniques and modern technology, the lessons capture students attention and concentration.
- ReadMeTM offers a comprehensive programme of 27 lessons that cover basic grammar skills, poetry analysis and text types.
- ReadMeTM suits a wide audience.
As the lesson content is drawn from subjects across the curriculum, diversity and wide appeal is guaranteed.
- Students who are reluctant readers do not always engage with lessons presented in the “chalk & talk” manner; ReadMe offers an alternative.
How Does It Work?
ReadMe is platform independent and compatible with all web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox on all devices, i.e. iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Smart Phone, Windows & Mac PC’s and Notebooks.
- The lessons are accompanied by 131 black line masters (the student workbook), which are fully reproducible and include an answer book.
- ReadMe presents important content in a fresh challenging fashion that is both interesting and engaging.
- By simplifying and examining the rules of grammar, poetry, language and genres, the lessons clearly explain how the English language works.
- Many of the interactive tasks are self-correcting, and are accompanied by compelling sound effects.
- Learning that is fun is learning that is retained, so some lessons conclude with a game. This enjoyable activity serves to consolidate learning.
- Now updated to include both Spanish and Chinese translations for activity instructions.
27 LITERACY LESSONS
1. Nouns & Adjectives
2. Verbs & Adverbs
5. Plurals & Possessives
7. Conjunctions & Prepositions
8. Direct & Indirect Speech
10. Similes & Metaphors
12. Onomatopoeia & Alliteration
13. Synonyms & Antonyms
15. Main Idea of a Paragraph
16. Overused Adjectives & Verbs
17. Cause & Effect
18. Fact & Opinion
19. Persuasive Language
20. Overview of Genres
23. Information Report